Eco-Warriors is a Stretch and Challenge club with the mission of making Acton High School green, clean and sustainable. The club is part of the international award winning Eco-Schools programme that guides schools on their sustainable journey, providing a simple framework to help make sustainability an integral part of school life. The Eco-Warriors aim to meet the nine topics of Eco-Schools, which include:
- Energy - To reduce the amount of energy used to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Water - To explore the problems of a ‘water crisis’ and other issues surrounding water supply.
- Biodiversity - To try to increase the biodiversity within school.
- School Grounds - To ensure that the school grounds are used effectively and kept clean.
- Healthy Living - To ensure that pupils are aware of what a ‘healthy diet’ is.
- Transport - To encourage eco-friendly transport.
- Litter - To reduce the amount of litter on site.
- Waste - To reduce/monitor the amount of waste from the school grounds.
- Global Citizenship - To teach skills, values, attitudes and knowledge that will allow pupils to participate in a truly global society.